|Multidisciplinary Management of Parkinson's|
|On 16/11/2016 in Derby for 1 day(s)|
|at Royal Derby Hospital|
The day looks at a multi-disciplinary approach to the management of patients. Each
session will be led by a clinical specialist in the field of Parkinson's Disease.
- To increase understanding of aetiology and pathology of Parkinson's Disease.
- To understand the drug actions, options and importance of getting medication on time in Parkinson's Disease.
- To understand the non-motor symptoms of Parkinson's Disease
- To gain knowledge of the best practice and current evidence based therapy management of Parkinson's Disease, including Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy and Speech Therapy
- To know how to use cues and strategies in Parkinson's Disease management.
|Who will Benefit|
This study day is aimed at all grades of Allied Health Professionals who have contact
with Patients with Parkinson's Disease in a non specialist setting.
- Contains elements towards KSF Core Dimensions 1,2,4 and 5 and HWB 2 and 4
- Attendance certificate will be issued.
|Fees / Funded Places|
- LIMITED FUNDED PLACES MAYBE available for AHPs & Nurses working for the NHS in
the East Midlands
|Click [here] for more information or to book this event.|